Smoking Jacket...Or Pimp Wraps? You Decide...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/search/?q=smoking+jacket
Particularly the purple and gold versions on the page. Seriously, should I wear such a jacket for while I'm puffin some fine blend, or for when I need to keep my pimp-hand strong while collecting my ends from my stable?
...I guess it actually could be for BOTH.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Pimp hat? Good sir, you must wear a fez! Don't forget the Persian slippers...They do have quite the collection, don't they? I guess if you're going to wear a smoking jacket go big or go home!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
You would have to start with a proper mustache before choosing your smoking jacket.

I wouldn't want my "red mustache" to clash with the color of the jacket.

:puffy:

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I actually have a wool Tilley sweater that I wear when stepping out at home for a puff. I'll call it "Frontier Pimpin Apparel"!! lol

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This is the look I’m shootin’ for...you just ain’t stylin’ till you pimpin’ like Kramer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqUHRgleRk0

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The old song and dance man, one of the greats of the musical stage and movies, Jimmy Durante, used

to sing a song titled, "It's all in the way that you wear your hat." Same for smoking jackets. If you want

to pimp it up, buy it tight, wear it with a big fedora with big feathers in the band, smoke a cigar not a pipe,

and walk around and gesture like an inebriated rooster. For the gent effect, buy the jacket in a size that

drapes just a little even if you have a spare tire, don't wear a hat with it, preferably wear a solid tie or

conservative bow tie, smoke a large bent pipe, and keep an elegant brandy at hand that you sip, don't chug.

Or you can buy a jacket in each size, with two sets of appropriate gear, and alternate.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The smoking jacket? Too limp-wristed for my tastes.
But hey, whatever floats your Cheerios
LOL ... sometimes I have to remind myself that not everyone is going to realize when I’m joking. No smoking jackets here...I couldn’t be stylish in any form if my life depended on it.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
004981_01.jpg

Latikashizzle

nscoyote

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2013
Heres me in my take on the smoking jacket,

396428_10152138269835246_1955078854_n.jpg

it also doubles as an everything else jacket.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I used to wear a Northface down vest to smoke outside when it got cold. But after a few years, little ash drips spotted the damn thing with dozens of tiny holes, eventually the feathers began to pop out, till I looked like a tarred and feathered chicken in full plumage. So yeah, I guess I do see the need for a smoking jacket. On the other hand, usually these days, I just use those Chinese wind screens on the pipe and they take care of any flying ash.

vigil

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2013
Well... If I have to go all Big Mac Daddy I think I'd have to stitch to my ranching roots.
255-model-red.jpg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Ahh good, a source for a quality smoking jacket. Now if I could just find a good quality fez...

Status
Not open for further replies.