PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with pipe maker Scott Thile. Scott has been making pipes since 2004. In addition to making pipes, Scott is a piano tuner and re-builder, and a bass player. Scott also founded Pipedia.org, and he was on the show way back in 2012 on Episode 10. Scott’s son, Chris is also a musician, and his band, Nickel Creek will be our featured music with their Platinum record, “In The House Of Tom Bombadil”. At the top of the show, Brian will be answering a listener question related to other collectibles in the pipe and tobacco world.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Brad-Pohlmann-_-Scott-Thile.jpg

Pipe Makers Brad Pohlmann (L) & Scott Thile (R) at the 2022 Las Vegas Pipe Show

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
If you've never met Scott, never mind pipes, listen to the show just to hear how gracious, generous, gentle, witty, knowledgeable, and informative a human can be.

It's almost scary.

rotf
Yup, now I've listed to show 543, I would agree with you, never having met him.

I do remember him being on before, 10 years ago! Not that I was around these here parts back then. I caught it on a re-run...

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
In 2022, on the Thursday night of the Chicago Pipe show, I had the good fortune to randomly sit down next two gentlemen from the greater Columbus area. Me, living in Cincinnati, immediately struck up a conversation. Scott Thile than sat down at our table as he knew one of the two gentlemen from Columbus personally. We all then proceded to have a 2 hour conversation about parenting, sailing, music, etc. basically life beyond pipes and it was one of the best memories from the show. I was so excited to listen to Scott again and it was a wonderful show. Thanks Brian and I hope that you had a wonderful trip.

Jason