Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I'll do a full review later, but Mate was asking about this one.
I was already anticipating something good when seeing the tin saying "Full Strength Mixture" and I wasn't let down.
Upon opening the tin, you see and smell a dark, smokey mixture. The tobacco in my tin was rather moist, but I just filled up a bowl and lit it up.
Even though it seemed too moist, I had no trouble lighting and keeping lit.
There is definitely a hickory aroma pre-light, and in the room note.
Laura's son Miguel is visiting and he said it smells like hickory and like it would go good with a steak. (Not a bad compliment from a non-smoker in the room.)
I thought the SG Commonwealth had a great full-bodied taste without being too strong to knock you over. The smokey hickory flavor stayed throughout as well as an underlying sweetness that reminded me of a dried fruit mixture I have - "a sweet, tart, and tangy medley of fruit flavors" (tart apples and tasty apricots) along with the hickory - in a word - "Delicious".
I highly recommend the Samuel Gawith's Commonwealth. Don't be alarmed by the "Full Strength Mixture" tagline. I thought I would need to save this for after a big meal, which I did, but now that it is the morning after, I am ready to light it up again before breakfast or coffee.

mate

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2009
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
See and you though all I could do was make corny, sexist, politically incorrect, anti-nazi jokes
Seriously, I'm glad you liked it, but we seem to have the same taste in baccy and udder, sorry I meant other things

Status
Not open for further replies.