PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello,

My name is Finnley. I hail from one of the war on tobacco states California.

About 20 years ago I started smoking pipes. I smoked them for about 2 years. An accident that caused pulmonary embolisms in my lungs caused me to stop.

A couple years ago I joined the cigar world. I love cigars, but I really missed my pipes. So, last week I decided to change from cigars back to my pipes. I only had a couple briars left from when I smoked them, and a couple small meerschaums. I went to my local cigar/pipe store and picked one up. And ordered a few more online which I am eagerly awaiting.

I guess I still consider myself a "novice" as I didn't really get to much into the hobby 20 years ago. I look forward to learning more about pipes, the industry, different tobaccos and blends, and all the other stuff that hobbyists love that normal people ask why?

Hopefully, I'll earn everyone's respect and accepted into this community. I look forward to meeting different people and having a good time with all.

Thank you for having me here,
Finnley
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Finnley Graves

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast!

Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.