PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I'm a newbie to the site and I have just come back to the pipe having been smoking cigars for many years. I mention this because picking up a bag of the Ruins of Windsor from the Country Squire is what brought me back. It has a subtle taste and is very smooth on the mouth. As they describe it is:

A naturally Sweet & Tangy blend of Golden Virginias, Flue-cured Virginias, Burley, Turkish, and Louisiana Perique.​

• Bag Note: Herbal Tea, Cherry Tart, Cocoa Powder​

• Room Note: Toasted Bread, Oats, and a hint of Cinnamon.​

• Tasting Notes: Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Rye Bread, White Pepper, Stone Fruit​

I assure that you will enjoy it....

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
I appreciate what you have got going on here. How did you feel about the nicotine level? Additionally, what was the aftertaste like, could it be a repeatable kind of smoke, or is it a one and done?

Reactions: Annaresti Red

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Thank you for the question. The nicotine level was, in opinion, quite low. Of course, bear in mind that I was coming directly from the world of cigars which I believe to deliver much more of a nicotine hit than pipe smoking.
It was and is, definitely a repeatable blend to enjoy as I have since ordered more and continue to smoke it in my rotation.
Also, I am not sure how familiar you may be with southern history, but the Windsor plantation was built in 1861 and survived the war but several years later, while being remodeled, a workman dropped a cigar which caught a blaze and destroyed the structure. All but the massive columns which now stand in Port Gibson, MS. As I smoke the blend mentioned, I couldn't help but reflect on this haunting image. Here is a picture.
IMG_1556.JPG

TexJake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2022
Hill Country, TX
Thanks for adding your review and opinion. I remember seeing some less positive opinions when this was released, good to hear from those who enjoy it.

Reactions: Chalaw87

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Actually, it is a non-aromatic.
I have some that's been jarred up now for over a year, along with a well aged Shepherd's Pie. Both are non-aromatics, but I've noticed that with some age, they smoke as if they were - both in room note and taste. Most suprising was the Shepherd's Pie. It's one of the things I like best about their blends.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I immediately thought of the fire at Windsor Castle, but since I was there last week, I know first hand the ruins were completely restored. And what an incredible job, too!

The Windsor above looks very intriguing.

Reactions: JOHN72

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
I immediately thought of the fire at Windsor Castle, but since I was there last week, I know first hand the ruins were completely restored. And what an incredible job, too!

The Windsor above looks very intriguing.
I have not been to the castle since the fire so I would love to see how the repair looks. Also, would love to see how the repair at Notre Dame, in Paris, is coming.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A casual visitor could not tell there was ever damage to the castle. Beautifully restored, indeed.

I bet there are online videos re the Parisian Cathedral.

Reactions: JOHN72