PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
So I opened my tin of FVF the other day, only to find it extremely dry and crispy. Apparently, SG tins do not seal well at all. My question is, is there any way to add moisture back to the tobacco to make it smokable again or should I just toss the tin? I know dry tobacco is good, but this seems too dry.

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
I would think that you could take the opened tin and place it in a mason jar (without the lid) and then put a small wad of damp paper towel or other moistening agent in the bottom of the jar beside the tin and then close it up. Maybe someone on here has a better idea but I would think that you could conceivably rehydrate your tobacco within a couple weeks with this method.

flat4driven

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2009
Thanks for the quick help guys!
Bob,

I didn't notice that article before. Looks to be just what I need.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Bob's got a blog for everything!

I've had success placing a pyrex cup half full of boiling water in the center of a large tupperware bowl surrounded by the tobacco. Cover it up and let it take a steam bath. No need to use distilled water. After 20 min.'s check on it and replace the boiling water if it has to go a bit further.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Yes he does.
Hey Bob I have cracks on my heels from wearing flip flops all the time. What should I do?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
LMAO Sapo!
smiley-laughing021.gif

That sounds like a really good method Cortez!

Status
Not open for further replies.