PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
My dad was a big Meister Brau drinker back in the day (before that it he was a Schlitz man). I think Meister Brau was his go-to beer throughout the '70s.
I remember one afternoon, mid-1970s, I was reading a TV Guide review of a Kung Fu movie and it said "strictly for the beer and T-shirt crowd" and there was my Dad, sitting on the lounger in a T-shirt, drinking a Meister Brau and watching this self-same movie - lol

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
In the Twin Cities it was one of many cheapies. Tried em all. Probably why I started brewing my own. Can still get Mickeys here. No widemouth. I miss those resealables, even though I never got a chance to use it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My Uncle drank Meister Brau and then Schlitz. Now Schlitz is gone too, at least from this area. He begrudgingly switched to Pabst.
We were on a Hamm's kick one summer. For ever six cases purchases (about $7/case from memory, the early 80's), you got a free iron-in decal "I'm a Hamm's Heavy Hitter", you supplied the shirt.... My buddies and I consumed many cases on vacation, etc but my memories are dim. Sadly, the wife 86'd the last shirt when it became mostly tatters. I just found an iron-on via Ebay that made me laugh about those days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamms-Bear-Heavy-Hitter-Iron-on-T-Shirt-Transfer-/300644701153
$(KGrHqQOKjQE3!8PIKjpBN7(squpsw~~_12.JPG

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
One of my wife's Uncles ran a tavern in Paw-Paw West Virginia (yep, a very rural little town...) and we saved some of his beer signs (Old German, Schlitz, etc.) They're packed up somewhere in the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.