Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
found a backdoor into Ebay from work... snatched up a Peterson on buy now.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
C'mon jarhead, you don't like to be called leatherneck???? :rofl:
Semper Fi brother, looks like you have some more refurbs to play with. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Pipes shipped this morning from Texas... For some reason the USPS code isn't tracking, but they should be here early next week. Pictures and updates as to the contents coming soon. Have a good one everybody and make sure to have your TGIF smoke; I'm feeling some OGS ever since insymp started that thread...

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Received my package in the mail yesterday and overall I am very satisfied with my investment the contents of my purchases in further detail and order of appearance on this thread are: (Better pictures later this week)
1) A rusticated Dr. Grabow starfire; sort of a weird cutty shape but upright bowl with the bent stem.
2) A larger rusticated bent apple stamped TOBACCOS OF HAWAII and ITALY on the shank. Very interesting; anybody have any ideas? I found that they have a couple of B&Ms in the aloha state; maybe a vacation pipe?
3) A smaller rusticated bent apple White Hall. This one has obviously been dropped a few times. :(
4) A rusticated Kaywoodie apple stamped 001 BRIAR; is this a model number or something? I'll be looking up markings later. Maybe it was a woods pipe because the surface briar appears to be orange. :lol: It is very old stain/paint any idea if this came off the line this way?
5) (The blue ribbon loser IMO) A small brylon dublin made by Medico marked standard.
6) A rusticated vest pocket pipe stamped VEST POCKET PIPE; always wanted one of these.
7) (The blue ribbon winner) A very large Morel freehand with a beautiful plateau in his famous "Fleur" shape. The only downside sadly is the end of the stem is cracked. Will spare no expense returnign this beauty to former glory. Stamped FAIT MAIN ST CLAUDE FRANCE; Morel in script above. The grain is awesome; definitely need more pictures. :D
8. A diamond shanked WDC Bulldog with a saddle bit and sterling band. (unsmoked) A very nice pipe.
9) A full bent billiard WDC wellington. Another very nice pipe.
10) A rusticated apple by Aerosphere stamped DUNCAN HILL with a very cool spiral shank design.
11) A Dr. Grabow Regal banded bent rhodesian. It looks like someone pianted this thing; nothing a little work can't make beautiful.
12) A Dr. Grabow Viscount straight billiard. I'm not really sure what this outer shell is but it's briar in the bowl.
13) A Dr. Grabow Reagl banded bent billiard. Also appears to have been painted.
14) A very nicely rusticated banded zulu with a smooth area for a markings but it has none. It does not appear that they have worn off because the stamp, ITALY is easily visible next to the band. I have no ideas on this one but it really seems to be of quality manufacture. I'll have to get you more pics in the hopes of an identification. The stem also may have been replaced which means it's either a really good smoker or of some value (Hopefully both) to warrant special attention in a large collection.
Not a bad $120 spent on someone liquidating an estate. Better pics on the more interesting pipes coming soon. Happy smoking! :puffy:
EDIT: Number 8 has not been skipped. Apparently "8" "parentheses" is a no go. :lol:

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thanks rothnh. I figured as much, but I'll be happy if it turns out to be a good smoker as it's among the ones I've elected to keep for myself. There's a very interesting vibe about it, and it's unlike any of my other pipes.

Aug 1, 2012
Nice haul there. Mine did turn out to be a System Deluxe 11B. It's a little beat up and missing the stem logo but the stem is stamped Hand Cut on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.