PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2023
I just officially joined and posted in the new members introductions. This morning I went through the post and saw a note on the bottom of my original post saying “last edited by moderator xx:xx”
I am curious what this might be about? Is there a way to determine who edited what?
I did a cursory search but couldn’t find information, my apologies if this information is right under my nose!
I have read the etiquette and rules post.
Thanks!

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
Can't really help other than to say it's happened to me on several occasions. I've never received any feedback as to what was found to be below forum standards in my edited posts. I did a quick review of my edited posts to ensure that nothing important to the message had changed and then moved on.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Why start a thread about it - just send a message to the moderator who responded in your original thread. It's been edited so who knows why other than him, lol. Probably just capitalized a word or two in the title? But, again, it was edited so no way for us to know. Doubt it was anything to be worried about - enjoy the forum and don't sweat the small stuff!

Reactions: judcole
Apr 1, 2023
Why start a thread about it - just send a message to the moderator who responded in your original thread. It's been edited so who knows why other than him, lol. Probably just capitalized a word or two in the title? But, again, it was edited so no way for us to know. Doubt it was anything to be worried about - enjoy the forum and don't sweat the small stuff!
I started a post about it because in the note it just says, “…a moderator…” so I don’t know which moderator to ask.

Reactions: twoonefive

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
They likely just corrected a misspelled word in the title or if it was all caps, changed it to lowercase. It was most likely something so minor that the moderator didn’t feel the need to make note of it. There are some rules on how to format your posts but I don’t think many people read those.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Two weeks? I was forgotten until I sent email to Kevin. I did ask to be banned, so my fault. Yeah, don't sweat it until you don't hear from a mod.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Pretty sure it was me and I changed two lower cased words into upper case in your title.
I usually don't comment of these for newcomers, and mostly they go unnoticed.

Does that close the matter for you? You can PM me if you have more questions.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I was new here, I had a post removed. The moderator notified me but didn't explain. I went back to the post and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was amiss.

I think maybe I got into a discussion that had caused trouble before, since my post seemed non-controversial and innocuous.

I just said thanks for the heads-up and kept on posting. So far, so good, after ten years plus on Forums.

Sometimes, if you don't make it an issue, it isn't.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.