PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Yes school holidays should be avoided! Central Lakes and the main tourist spots tend to get very busy but there are plenty of places away from the more common destinations that remain relatively quiet and undiscovered.

@jaingorenard I would be interested to see your photos. When were you here?

We do not really give tours of either the old or the current factory. The current factory is a working production unit and so for health and safety and insurance reasons we cannot just let anyone wander round. The old factory is in dire need of renovation (which we are slowly doing) and so a bit dangerous for tours. But the plan is to eventually have it as 2 apartments for rental, a function room for our own use and offices and a small shop/museum.

There are lots of photos on our social media of the old factory at Lowther Street and also some videos on YouTube.
It was only from outside! We spent a week near Keswick and then to Kendal for a couple of days - we wanted to see the little Wainwright exhibition (and of course I visited Airey's and bought my favourite - Grasmere flake).IMG_3625.jpgIMG_3626.jpgIMG_3628.jpgIMG_3630.jpg

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
I am going to business trip to Nottingham in january.
I only stay there for 2 days and don’t have any time for pipe/cigar shops.

What online UK tobacco shop would you recommend that has fast and reliable delivery?

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
I am going to business trip to Nottingham in january.
I only stay there for 2 days and don’t have any time for pipe/cigar shops.

What online UK tobacco shop would you recommend that has fast and reliable delivery?
There are a few, most will offer next day delivery and are reliable.

Smoke King
Black Swan Shoppe
GQ tobaccos
Mysmokingshop

I've used all of those and they're all reliable. There's also C-Gars, their customer service is excellent but their pipe tobacco selection isn't always as great as the others.

Many smaller tobacconists also offer an online service (for example J J Fox).

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland

Smoke King
Black Swan Shoppe
GQ tobaccos
Mysmokingshop

I've used all of those and they're all reliable. There's also C-Gars, their customer service is excellent but their pipe tobacco selection isn't always as great as the others.

Thank you. I will try one of those.
I hope to buy some Gawith Hoggarth or Germains since since I can't buy those in Finland or Germany.

Reactions: jaingorenard

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
I noticed that cigar&pipe shop Gauntleys of Nottingham is really close to my hotel Park plaza so I think I try that shop. At least they have many Peterson tobaccos at tins.

G

Gimlet

Smoke King
Black Swan Shoppe
GQ tobaccos
Mysmokingshop

I've found GQ and Black Swan offer the fastest delivery and very reliable. Both have always delivered within 48 hours without fail.
Smoke Kings is a great shop to visit but last time I ordered online from them their courier was a pain and I ended up having to collect the package from their depot after about a week of it going round in circles. Maybe they use someone else now.

G

Gimlet

I spent last night watching Gawith Hoggarth videos on YouTube, and I told my wife that after we do the Cotswolds our next trip will be the Lake District and the GH tour!
If you want to visit the Lakes, don't stay within the National Park. It's expensive and extremely busy during holiday periods. Ditto the Yorkshire Dales. I live in the North Pennines. It's one of England's lesser known delights, within easy reach of the Lakes, much quieter than the Lakes or the Yorkshire Dales and just as stunning in its own way. And in the opposite direction you've got the Durham Dales and beautiful Northumberland. Take your pick.
In summer (but not August..) I frequently ride my bike over the Pennines, via the stunning Hartside summit (wind-proof lighter essential..), to the Lake district. It's an easy day trip.
Bring waterproof clothing though.

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
Thank you. I will try one of those.
I hope to buy some Gawith Hoggarth or Germains since since I can't buy those in Finland or Germany.
Does any of these shops have any discounts ever?
Ir is it just American shops that have those -20% discounts?