PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ScooterMcCoy

Lurker
Mar 19, 2023
Hi! I live in Covington, KY, on the Ohio River, and I want to join a pipe club. Please let me know if you know of any in the NKY/Cincinnati area. Thank you!
Hey pipeonthebrink, there is CAPS - the Cincinnati Area Pipe Society that meets the 4th Saturday of the month at Straus on Mall Road. I haven't gone there yet on meeting day to see if it's still happening, but they have an Instagram page:

I live in Newport by the way, and work downtown directly across the street from Straus' Walnut St. location.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been to Covington twice, and I really like the town. It's right across the river from a metropolis but has the feeling of a small town, but with more pleasant small restaurants and a German-made town clock that depicts the story of the Pied Piper on the hour.

If there is a place that deserves a good pipe shop and pipe club, Covington would be it.

Both Covington and Cincinnati sit high on the banks of a swift running part of the Ohio River, except some parts of Cinci don't sit high enough and have seriously flooded including the major league ball park.

Reactions: pipeonthebrink

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
If you guys get something together, let me know, I have a new restaurant location in Cleves, Ohio, nearby and will be visiting quarterly.
If you ever get the hankering to drive an hour or so out of your way from Cleves, we'd love to have you in Louisville one Saturday.

pipeonthebrink

(chadbrinkman1)
Hey pipeonthebrink, there is CAPS - the Cincinnati Area Pipe Society that meets the 4th Saturday of the month at Straus on Mall Road. I haven't gone there yet on meeting day to see if it's still happening, but they have an Instagram page:

I live in Newport by the way, and work downtown directly across the street from Straus' Walnut St. location.
Hi ScooterMcCoy! I reached out to Straus in Florence, and they told me they no longer have any pipe clubs that meet there. I was also told that CAPS is no longer together. I did learn about a group, the Pipe Club of OTR, that meets in Cincinnati every 2nd Thursday. They have a Facebook page. I have not had a chance to attend yet, but I plan to visit. I am also interested in starting something on this side of the river for the NKY area.