Pilgrimage to Low Country Pipe & Cigar (smokingpipes.com)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
3 Fresh Alex Florov Pipes
35 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
3 Fresh Jared Coles Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I woke up yesterday morning and decided it was a nice day for a mini road trip. Thought I would ride down to Little River SC and get the Peterson Donegal Rocky 314 I had been looking at. I could have ordered it on the web site but I just couldnt wait any longer. So, I loaded my GBD lovat and my new plaid tobacco pouch with Altadis Blue Note and headed on my 3 1/2 hour journey. I was thinking I would visit the shop then ride down to Myrtle Beach and get something to eat, maybe go walking or fish off the pier.
The trip down was uneventful. I ejoyed the ride and the smoke. As I walked in the door I was greeted warmly by (Im sorry Im terrible with names, my mind was on the restroom. To much tea.) As I was browsing the store Dave asked me if he could help. Dave showed me the Peterson and a few Stanwell Golden Danish pipes I had also been eyeing so I could compare them. I decided on the Pete. Dave and I had a nice conversation and I told him of my plans. He told me of a car show nearby going on too. I also got some tobacco, pipe cleaners and pipe wipe.
When I walked out I thought, well, I think I'll just head back to the house instead of going to the beach. So, I filled my truck up with gas and headed back home smoking my new Peterson. I hadnt eat all day but there is a nice fishcamp about an hour from the house so I said I'll stop there on the way back. I got 2 miles from it when my truck just quit. I tried to crank it. All it would do is turn over. Im thinking it's the fuel pump.
I called the tow company (used to work for them) and they brought me and the truck home. Funny thing is, it really doesnt bother me much. I'll get it fixed sometime this week. This is the first time I've had any trouble out of my 99 Ford Ranger. Anyway, I still enjoyed the whole day.
Dave, thanks for the conversation and the free tobacco sample.

S5000383.jpg

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Hey Lawrence, I figure if one can get there PAD and TAD fix on the same day, no matter what happens, its gonna be a good day. Of course, this is only a theory I have right now but, I'm sure I will have to test this theory again very soon. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.