PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Happy Piper

Lurker
Dec 29, 2023
London, UK
Hiya,
While cleaning my Peterson 302 pipe, the stem got clogged with a piece of paper towel. I twisted a piece of the paper towel and tried to clean the stem. Unfortunately, the paper towel broke and a piece got stuck inside the stem. I tried to push the piece from the other side of the stem, didin't work. Do you have any idea how to get rid of the nasty paper towel?
Ozan.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Paper towels do have that tendency to rip apart at the most uneventful moment. That's why we use pipe cleaner for the task of drying to getting stem cleaned. Don't poke around too much with wire that has a sharp end. That might scratch up the inside of the stem. Get a good quality pipe brush and gently try pushing it out.

Reactions: El Capitán

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Your choice of a really good pipe cleaner or an air compressor should you have one available. I trust this will be the last pipe you will be using a paper towel??

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
I've used diamond wire to clear out clogs in stems. You can pick up a couple of meters for under $20, and it should last a lifetime.

RPK

Might Stick Around
Dec 30, 2023
Clarksburg, NJ
^^^^ soak it a bit in warm water and blow t out possibly with just using your mouth or a pipe cleaner.