PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Only 4 blends available where you live? Sounds like you're a fellow Aussie.
As I switched from a 40-a-day cig habit to a pipe, I now choose milder blends with low nicotine. Yes, it means that I miss out on enjoying a lot of the stronger blends but it's worth it not to be a slave ever again to nicotine. Besides, there's a huge range of milder blends that are low in nicotine from which to choose.
I'm not a fan of aromatics as a rule but, Scotty's Butternut Burley is a beauty.

PS Luxury Twist Flake is a tasty semi-aromatic.
There's quite a few mild English blends that I could recommend but the top of my list would be SPC Plum Pudding or SPC Mississippi River. Both are a great introduction to latakia.
As others have recommended; you can't go wrong with either PS Luxury Navy Flake or Luxury Bullseye Flake.

Orlik Golden Sliced is another I'd highly recommend.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I think, three containers is pretty generous! My suggestion for filling them is:
Spot #1: Lane 1-Q, as you seem to be interested in that blend.
Spot #2: GL Pease Stratford, In my opinion a wonderfully balanced Va/Per with not too much Perique and not heavy in nicotine.
Spot #3: An American burley blend by Cornell & Diehl like Old Joe Krantz, Haunted Bookshop or one of their Burley Flakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.