pembroke.png

bigben.png

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
ST, that pipe in the lunch part looks very interesting. What kind is it? Is it purple or black?
Yesterday was:

McClelland Holiday Spirit 2008

Dan Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend (My wife said it is the worst smelling blend ever, lol)

Peterson Irish Flake

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
Hi Bob.
The pipe is a Big Ben Barbados I got at J. N. Barber a while ago. It's black, and it's a really nice smoker.

http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Big_Ben_Barbados_Gold_9mm_Filter_Pipe.html
So, I see you cracked open the Holiday Spirit. I look forward to your comments. I had it three more times over the weekend and it's grown on me. It's the biggest crowd pleaser I've ever smoked -- it's gotten more comments about how great it smells than any other, got a lot of "reminds me of grandpa" comments. It's a dark sweetness, but I still can't discriminate the flavors very well.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
ST, I agree with you. The room note is great and it does has a dark sweet flavor to it.

I picked up some things, but like you said in the earlier post, I need to smoke a few more bowls before I can make a positive assessment of it.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am smoking Commonwealth, and thanking God that I am alive to celebrate this year. For you guys in other places, have a good day anyway.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Happy Thanksgiving!
Last night was some H&H Egg Nog.
I haven't made up my mind on everything that I will be smoking today, but I will probably be having at least some McClelland Holiday Spirit and some Christmas Cheer 2006.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
2nd day with Solani Sweet Mystery X. It is starting to grow in me. Its a bit like Black Currant Jam. Better in the morning. Nice for waking the taste buds.

Latter today I will open 1st can of Black Mallory from Rattrays. Can hardly wait. I have been waiting years to try this one.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Last night I smoked Rattray's Black Mallory for the 1st time. This morning I am smoking Solani's X Mystery. Its been a good holiday except Thanksgiving night was spent in hospital. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.