PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I attended the New Orleans Pipe Club meeting last night. We had 15 pipe smokers show up (the photo below doesn't show two of the pipe smokers). We also had three other people who came in to buy cigars and pipe tobacco who didn't know about us. The said they would be back for our January meeting.

For the meeting, I opened a tin of Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake which I had purchased in August 2019. Even sitting in my "cellar" for 3-1/2 years, the tobacco was too wet to smoke without drying. I also had my Rattray's Winter Edition 2022, Sea Dog, The Untouchables and Gentleman Caller that I shared.

Since this was basically our Christmas 2022 meeting, the pipe shop decided to celebrate with us. One of the owners and a shop manager from the other location was also on hand and they dug deep to give each of us about 1.5 oz. of McClelland No. 2000 Fragrant Mature Cake that had been forgotten during the alleged pandemic. (Rumor has it they found a few pounds of McClelland bulk in one of the locations that didn't do much pipe business.)

The shop also did three raffle giveaways - a Bugatti pipe lighter, a bag of "Debris" blend (basically any bulk tobacco which spilled on the counter during weighing) and a 1 lb. Bag of McClelland No. 72 Gran Marnier.

NOPC_group.jpg
NOPC_122822.jpeg

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
I attended the New Orleans Pipe Club meeting last night. We had 15 pipe smokers show up (the photo below doesn't show two of the pipe smokers). We also had three other people who came in to buy cigars and pipe tobacco who didn't know about us. The said they would be back for our January meeting.

For the meeting, I opened a tin of Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake which I had purchased in August 2019. Even sitting in my "cellar" for 3-1/2 years, the tobacco was too wet to smoke without drying. I also had my Rattray's Winter Edition 2022, Sea Dog, The Untouchables and Gentleman Caller that I shared.

Since this was basically our Christmas 2022 meeting, the pipe shop decided to celebrate with us. One of the owners and a shop manager from the other location was also on hand and they dug deep to give each of us about 1.5 oz. of McClelland No. 2000 Fragrant Mature Cake that had been forgotten during the alleged pandemic. (Rumor has it they found a few pounds of McClelland bulk in one of the locations that didn't do much pipe business.)

The shop also did three raffle giveaways - a Bugatti pipe lighter, a bag of "Debris" blend (basically any bulk tobacco which spilled on the counter during weighing) and a 1 lb. Bag of McClelland No. 72 Gran Marnier.

View attachment 190652
View attachment 190653
Now I’m really sad I didn’t attend! Saw the details for next month. If my work schedule allows I’ll swing by

Reactions: LotusEater