Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I stand corrected on the nicotine. Really was trying to remember off the top of my head. Again it is mucsoal membranes that absorb the fastest. A full inhale would definitely absorb it faster that the mouth or nose. Now, fun fact, the anus is the faster way to absorb something into a muscosal membrane.
What !
You’re saying that there’s money to be made with nicotine suppositories 🤔

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
This isn't exactly the case. Pipe tobacco has a higher nicotine content than cigarettes for example, but absorption in the mouth and nose isn't as efficient as in the lungs.

And average 1-3 gram bowl of pipe tobacco contains an average of 30-50 mg of nicotine while a 1 gram cigarette contains 10-15 mg of nicotine. However, a cigarette usually results in absorbing about 1 mg of nicotine in 5-10 minutes, whereas a bowl of pipe tobacco results in about 0.5 mg of nicotine absorbed in the span of 45 minutes to an hour.
Not that you’ve given it much thought though.
🤣

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
OP you’re getting so deep in the weeds I feel like you’re gonna get covered in ticks. How many seconds should you hold in smoke for optimal nicotine consumption? Almost seems like you’re trolling. I recommend a c&d burley for nicotine and lots of bowls to figure out what works for you.

Sacred_summit

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I love pipe smoking for the peace. I focus on my breathe, relax my body and ease into stillness. O combined my meditation with pipe smoking and its been a marvelous game changer.

Since I no longer get a nicotine rush, and since I finally overcame the addiction to feel said rush, I can go 4-5 hours between bowls! Vs needing a nic hit every 20-30 minutes at the most.

I focus on cadence, cool smoke and sipping.

Everyone who "assumed" something about me has the wrong Idea.

I simply pondered a unique question because I don't know how long it takes nicotine to absorb through the mouth as with lungs.

Basically, when I slowly sip and then release the smoke, I just didn't want to release the smoke to soon, or have a better understanding of it.

I'm in a medical field, so this type of research and questions roles around my mind.

From personal experience, I want to say after a few seconds I think your good yo go. Retrohaling is faster.

However

Allowing your mouth to let the smoke wallow out on its own as your mouth is slightly open and you breathe in and out through your nose helps slow cadence and minimize puffing and overheating. Thus the act of letting the smoke sit for however long in your mouth before you sip some back in slowly helps you sit into a relaxed slow smoke as pipe smoking should be.

I love all blends.
Virginia's are very nice
Latakia and Orientals are great

Vertical limit, Bengal slices, nightcap definitely hit stronger, but it's all dependant.

I smoke a
Peterson aran 999
Person 2022 Christmas edition army copper mount
4th generation 1931
2021 brigham poty (pipe of the year)
Chicom jurassic f4
A cheap Capri ($50 cad) that was my first pipe.

I went a little wild when I switched to pipe smoking.

Carry on folks

Reactions: ThermionicScott

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome to the forum! Please put your location in your Profile.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.