PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
One of the best things about our "hobby" is that there are enough different categories of tobaccos to please most palettes. Personally -- when I first tried a pipe 40 years ago -- I smoked only about three of four bowls of Aromatics and then moved right to English blends -- not sure why, but that's what I did. And while I do all these years later, always keep and occasionally partake of a few Aromatics, Burleys, Virginias, and Va/Pers, I still stick mostly to my English / Balkan / Latakia blends. Just simply because for me -- that is the pipe tobacco taste that I enjoy the most. But there are plenty of guys who have been smoking forever and smoke mostly Aromatics. Others love the Burleys or Virginias. There's not a right or a wrong way, and if you bump into folks that try to tell you that one tobacco style is the best and it's where you'll land once your taste buds get sophisticated -- run the other way. I'd suggest that you listen to the talk here, go to some of the review sites (www.tobaccoreviews.com is the big one), and -- as you can afford it -- get a few of the more popular tobaccos in each of the categories that I've mentioned. Eventually, you'll find your way to what you really like.

Status
Not open for further replies.