PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Greetings everyone. I'm Bowie from Minnesota. I'm a new (4-6 weeks) pipe smoker. I've come to the pleasures of pipe smoking a little late in life, but better late than never.

I've been lurking here for awhile and have learned a lot from y'all. This forum is a wonderful evolving archive of information.

I smoke a couple of MM cobs (Legend and Huck Finn) and an old Dr Grabow Savoy that was in relatively new condition when I inherited it. I also have a Bari Senior (tomahawk shape, I believe is the right term) that I scored on eBay, but I have not smoked it yet. I know I should get to it soon after reading lots of good comments here about Bari pipes, especially from mso489.

As for tobacco, I'm trying to widen my horizons from straight aromatics a bit. I have some Lane HGL and a mild English blend from a Minneapolis B&M (Lewis) as an intro to Latakia and English, as well as some C&D Yorktown to see how Virginias and I get along. I would like to develop my tobacco taste palate and get better at identifying things beyond "smoky" or "sweet."

My favorite color is grey.

Long Live the Oxford Comma.

Bowie, welcome! This is a good place. For tobacco, I might suggest "Newminster No. 17 English Luxury". I am transitioning over to English blends and I am really enjoying English Luxury.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Bowie, welcome! This is a good place. For tobacco, I might suggest "Newminster No. 17 English Luxury". I am transitioning over to English blends and I am really enjoying English Luxury.
Thanks for the tobacco recommendation! I'll add it to my shopping list.

Reactions: Humblepipe
Status
Not open for further replies.