PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@chasingembers it is actually pretty damn funny. “I’m gonna tie you to the radiator!” ?

Boring actual pipe related side note: not sure what to think of the Cap’n. Don’t hate it, don’t love it. Will have to get graped a few more times to know for sure.

I do know that I don’t feel quite satiated this evening, so I’m going to crack a fresh tin of Visions and throw caution to the wind and smoke a bowl in one of my Dark Fired pipes. Here goes nothing.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I can now assert with some clarity that smoking a bowl of Visions 15 minutes after my first bowl of Captain Black Grape was a colossal mistake. CBG is such a strange, powdery drug store candy grape bomb that my taste buds are completely eviscerated. What nuance there exists in Visions is, as of yet, completely unknown to me. Better luck tomorrow, perhaps.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
CBG is such a strange, powdery drug store candy grape
My take was grape Nehi.

large_5f84d54f-6fb5-4172-b154-a97ea405d90a.jpg

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@chasingembers I’ve never had it, but many others have said the same. Must be an apt comparison. I told myself an hour ago that I was swearing off the purple stuff. Now I’m sitting here, at midnight, lighting up another cob full of grape candy. Dear god.

Reactions: lightmybriar

Stickmaker1958

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2019
Shasta Lake, Ca.
need to get my hands on some of this but its sold out everywhere!
Try smoking pipes.com I just received 2 tins Tuesday ordered the week before. Good luck
First thing I said when I opened the tin was smelled like grape bubble gum from when I was a kid. I’ll have to try CB grape.

Last edited:

kingjon

Can't Leave
Aug 27, 2013
Just received a tin, cracked it open and tried a bowl in a MM country gent. Capt. Bob’s blend it’s not. Very flavorful.
Jon

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
smoke my first bowl last night. the initial hit of grape was pretty strong and turned me off for a while. However once i got deeper in the bowl and the grape mellows and you understand what this blend is meant to be, it turned out to be decent. def not an everyday smoker and wont be buying another tin, but a decent dessert/sweet treat blend.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Well, they got me. I liked Dreams Of Kadath, so why not take a chance? Here’s my JimInks style review:

The grapey, grapity, grapeness of the grape topping takes the lead. The other components are tamed either by the topping, or by my rage at the tin describing the Koolaid flavouring as “tawny.”

In the second half of the bowl, the cigar leaf becomes more prominent, creating an impression similar to a half drank cup of purple Jesus with a cigar butt in it, left on the coffee table at a frat party.

Takes an average number of relights and leaves little moisture in the bowl. Not quite an all day smoke.

I‘m new to this, so my snark is probably premature. But I’ve tried almost 40 blends and this is the first one to get such a visceral reaction.

Stickmaker1958

Might Stick Around
Sep 29, 2019
Shasta Lake, Ca.
Well, they got me. I liked Dreams Of Kadath, so why not take a chance? Here’s my JimInks style review:

I‘m new to this, so my snark is probably premature. But I’ve tried almost 40 blends and this is the first one to get such a visceral reaction.
Should have known better when the description included red wine in the flavor profile.....
pipe tobacco is like a crap shoot.....it may smell good in jar but I the pipe not so much.
happy smokies

Status
Not open for further replies.