Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Welcome from Tasmania, Australia.

Sounds of Then (This is Australia)
I think I hear the sounds of then,
And people talking,
The scenes recalled, by minute movement,
And songs they fall, from the backing tape.
That certain texture,that certain smell,

To lie in sweat, on familiar sheets,
In brick veneer on financed beds.
In a room, of silent hardiflex
That certain texture, that certain smell,
Brings home the heavy days,
Brings home the the night time swell,

Out on the patio we’d sit,
And the humidity we’d breathe,
We’d watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

daberman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Welcome, from the eldritch locus of tyromancy in Texas!

View attachment 286129
Lol, Ok, I bit and looked it up and wasnt disappointed:
Tyromancy, or the practice of telling fortunes with cheese, was first officially mentioned in the second century in the writings of Greek historian and professional diviner Artemidorus of Daldis (also known as Artimedorus of Ephesus) on dream interpretation.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

daberman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Welcome Aleister the Stormchaser from the heart of the South! Im curious how successful you have been with alchemy? I have been interested in the subject for years, but never put any resources into it really as the entry fee is quite high it seems!

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Dear pipe enthusiasts!
For my introduction as a new member on pipesmagazine I wrote a short essay on the joy of smoking a good blend of tobacco -alone, in the company of others, while reading, drinking, or just purely enjoying the taste of our pipe.
I spent many years, alone in my tower, studying the grim art of alchemy, pondering on the mysteries of the human body. Many years cutting the darkness of the night with the sharp light of my lantern, wondering from one inn to an other, chatting with locals, in laughter or sorrow. Many years walking in the ghastly woods, haggard, with my elm stick, never looking back. One thing accompanied me through my journies; my beautiful briar pipes, that no matter how far I went from the safety of my tower, lighting one makes me feel the comfort of my armchair where I am usually reading from Alain de Lille or one of the masters of necromancy.
This is my short introduction, on why I love smoking my pipes so much. Please my dear friends take your time, and think about it yourselves, why you love smoking your pipes so much!
Aleister the Stormchaser
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Feb 4, 2024
Welcome Aleister the Stormchaser from the heart of the South! Im curious how successful you have been with alchemy? I have been interested in the subject for years, but never put any resources into it really as the entry fee is quite high it seems!
Dear daberman!
I usually dont like to share the secrets and succeses of my art, but I can always help a fellow pipe smoker with the beginnings of alchemy. Firstly, just to clarify things; by alchemy I dont just mean producing gold. I cant say i have never tried that (usually in a form of chemical evolution) but I dont see myself as a materialistic person. I found a connection between alchemy and the living. A connection with nature that might seem obvious at first glance, but it has much more to it then many would think. As for the "fees", yes it can indeed cost a lot, but you might be able to find everything you need (equipment) used, but cheap. To be honest when I started to study alchemy I used such things as empty whiskey bottles modified for use, my old glasses as watchglass, and sometimes absint for washing my hands afterwards. It is a way to start. For the needed materials I recommend you collecting them yourself. Of course that can be hard sometimes, I cant say I've never found myself on the top of a tree in a dark stormy night and questioned if this is the easiest way. But it is the cheapest. Smoke well my friend!
Aleister the Stormchaser

Reactions: daberman