PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Nice job, there's something you dont see every day, I like many would like a bent stem on that, maby even longer, but not quite a churchwarden

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
captainprophesy
I searched for threads on subsequent pipes and I couldn't find any. I'm sure we'd all like to see how your work has progressed.
I can see you've been offline for several months.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's one of the better photos of the pipe:
BkcIwgz.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm no pipe carver, and some on this thread are, so take me with a grain or two of salt, but I'm pretty impressed with your first effort, nice grain, plateau and all. I'd vote for leaving the stem straight since the bowl is so very oval and plump. I think a bent stem would round it all off too much, but some of these guys are accomplished carvers, so again, take it for what it's worth. I'd be exceedingly proud of myself if I'd done that pipe, and would be insufferable for about a week before I got off my high horse. Congrats.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
Captain Prophesy,
I personally like a dark stain to my bowls but, VERY NICE WORK INDEED!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I'd be thrilled to death to have a ho-made pipe turn out like that!! I have two predrilled blocks I've been trying to deal with for about 5 years and keep breaking tools on and setting aside/repeating them. (I am not very patient I guess... and not even remotely skilled.)

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
It's a really pretty pie !! I've carved just a few, I know that it's not easy business, mine don't look as nice as this one !! good work !

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Anouther outstanding example of brilliant workmanship. I have carved my own took a week, not such a good looker but boy she smokes.

Oldmansmoking

Status
Not open for further replies.