My First "Giant" Pipe and My First Pear Wood.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I have been a long-time follower of PipefriendCHS over on youtube, and one of his recent posts were about affordable giant pipes from Mr.Brog. With internship, a move, and a baby all in my near future, I have been looking for pipe deals. I have always wanted to try a giant pipe like PipefriendCHS, and with my last paycheck I decided to begin my hunt. He was talking about the Lumberjack in his video; a pipe that to me is actually a coffee cup with a stem on it. Not my cup of tea so to speak. Instead I went with Mr. Brog's XL Giant Freehand. Not quite as monstrous, but still a good opportunity to try a large pipe and a pear wood to boot. 2 1/2 inch chamber on this bad boy. (sorry for the image quality)

I'm test driving it tomorrow when I take the dogs out to the park.
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
I haven't really thought about giant sized yet, but it IS a sweet looking pipe, and I only hopes it smokes as well for you as my Brog (a Kentucky, natch!) does for me!

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Better take those dogs for a LONG walk - that is one big pipe - good looker, too!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Please do let us know how it smokes. This is one of the Brog pipes that I have my eye one. If anything it should smoke cool because of the thickness of the walls.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a good long smoke. Be interesting to see how pear wood does over time for a large bowl.

My Mountain Laurel pipes have big bowls (not quite this big, but large) and they never heat up enough

to cause a worry. I'd bet pear wood does just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.