PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
Read like an ad but he sold it well...until the last line, "A simple Glenlivet 12 with two ice cubes"!! 8O He mustn't like Glenlivet 12 :)
I was looking at this blend to buy on my next round it may just slip into the Warenkorb.
Cheers

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
This is one that I keep cellared and a tin open at any given time. I think it's just wonderful.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I wish I had known he was going to review this. I would have sent him some of this from 1977. Still may if he wants to add his thoughts to the review.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
I wish I had known he was going to review this. I would have sent him some of this from 1977. Still may if he wants to add his thoughts to the review.
And I wish I'd been paying more attention to the boards :lol:
That's a very generous offer, PAp.g. For sure it would be interesting to compare the vintage to the new; I think the vintage Mac Baren tins are undervalued on the market (to my wallet's delight). I'm curious if this has changed as much as the Roll Cake line had. In fact, I'd love to read your review. I could send you some of the current crop if you like.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Another lyrical and evocative piece of writing. Curiously, of the 1065 blends I now have on hand, my computer advises me that MacB SBM is not in evidence. This I must rectify promptly.
hp

les

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Great review, I've seen this stuff sitting at my local B&M for a while and this might be just the push I need to try it.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.