Meet at Blatter & Blatter on May 13th, 2023 in Montreal?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Susan, Wasabi, and I are driving up to Montreal on Friday, May 12th, 2023 to celebrate Susan’s daughter’s 30th birthday. I was wondering if some forum members in the area would like to meet at Blatter & Blatter on Saturday, May 13th. I can take the Metro there. Perhaps, we can share a smoke somewhere ( I don’t know what local smoking policies are) or get a bite to eat nearby? I know these two members live there:

@sparker69
@Winterreise

Anybody in the area up for getting together? Blatter & Blatter are open from 10:00 am–4:00 pm on Saturday.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Meeting at Blatter & Blatter? Better take some pipe money. One of the few major pipe shops that makes their own brand house pipes. No Italian or French made factory pipes for them. Oh, Canada!

Montreal is a lovely city -- their art museum, their river cruises, their francophile food. I went there for my sixtieth and it was terrific.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
On behalf of all the forum members who don’t live in America, I hope you have loaded the trunk with as much tobacco as you can carry over the border tax free.
Meeting at Blatter & Blatter? Better take some pipe money. One of the few major pipe shops that makes their own brand house pipes. No Italian or French made factory pipes for them. Oh, Canada!

Montreal is a lovely city -- their art museum, their river cruises, their francophile food. I went there for my sixtieth and it was terrific.
I thought I might bring some, but not not a trunk. I have time to place an order this week.

I picked one up on my last visit. Another might be in the cards.

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
Sounds like a fun trip! Enjoy. A co-worker and his wife went there a number of years ago for their honeymoon and had a great time. I believe his wife was armed with some high school French, which helped a bit. And they both raved about the food. My French doesn't mark past Pepé Le Pew, so I'd be a little wary.
I hope you get to meet up with some of the fellas here, up there.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Last I was at Blatters, at the end of 2019, right before COVID, there was no smoking in the shop. I bought a Cuban (and a pipe) and hiked down to a cigar bar less than a mile kilometer away. I don't know if the bar is still there or, if it is, whether pipe smoking is allowed.

PS looks like the bar is still open but still don't know if pipes are allowed. Stogies Cigar Lounge - https://www.stogiescigars.com/home

Last edited:

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
(Here's where I wanted to post it 😉) It was so wonderful meeting you and and Susan! So glad to have had the chance to meet up! (Although I would've taken 10 degrees warmer 🥶) And the different tobaccos you brought up - was really generous! I'm very excited to try them out. If you're ever in Montreal again, definitely let me know. (And I'm looking forward to seeing the photos - I didn't take any because I saw you had it covered! ☺️)
20231030_195231.jpg20231030_195247.jpg20231030_195256.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
@sparker69

We enjoyed hanging out with you and were glad you were able take time out of your day to show us around some. Yes, ten more degrees would’ve been most welcome! It got pretty chilly in that park.

Thank you for the Bolivar! What a wonderful treat—Cuban Bolivars have been a favourite of mine since the ’90s, but I never really have access to them. I’m going to smoke that nub down and savour every last little bit.

I only took these two photos with my phone:

IMG_20231030_162147.jpg

IMG_20231030_160835.jpg

I’ll have to see what I documented with my regular camera and will share some once we get back to Pennsylvania.

I’m looking forward to having the Partagas 898:

IMG_20231030_210919__01.jpg

I hope you enjoy the blends.