PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I have found a site that I can buy individual 4 ounce whole leaf samples of Basma and Samsun for about $6 each per sample not including tax and shipping.

But then I would have a half pound of uncut tobacco and in need of either a good pair of scissors and more patience than I own or a $40 shredder that I would use only once most likely. Also, my lack of experience and knowledge regarding tobacco leaves me with the impression that there is going to be a little more to it than just cutting and drying the leaf.

So I am estimating it would run me ~$75
simply to find out what these two tobaccos taste like and then be stuck with a quarter pound of each(I BETTER like them at that point), not entirely sure that's worth it.

I was hoping someone was aware of a website that has already done all that legwork and is selling individual ounces of ready to smoke tobacco at a slight markup, like the way P&C does.
As was posted earlier, there currently is a shortage of many orientals, and some of the blenders who use them and have stock, are not willing to sell them. Hopefully the situation will change, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
@lukifer just incase you hadn’t checked out this forum for suggestions

Reactions: lukifer