PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 30, 2023
Good afternoon,

I’ve just won the bid on a lot of 3 pipes on eBay. One of them, pictured, is stamped “KAPP.” I’ve researched all I can of the K&P/Peterson brand and cannot seem to find any branded only with “KAPP.” Anyone have any info on if this is actually made by the Kapp Bros? Unfortunately I don’t have my hands on it yet…I literally just won the bid a few minutes ago.IMG_4207.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like an early iteration of the Peterson ownership. I don't know the history of Peterson in detail, but that's my guess.

Jul 30, 2023
Sounds like an early iteration of the Peterson ownership. I don't know the history of Peterson in detail, but that's my guess.
I wondered that too, but the pipe looks to be in such good shape it’s hard to believe it could be that old. I wish I could find more on the internet to compare. Thanks mso489!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It could be a later effort at a sub-brand that didn't last.

I have a nifty smaller Peterson, a quarter bent smooth Dublin, that is stamped Peterson Dublin Edition D4 which seems to be a limited production not widely offered. It came unfinished but now has colored to appear stained, without my adding any wax, polish, or anything. This has happened with other unfinished pipes, Savinelli pipes for example.

Jul 30, 2023
It could be a later effort at a sub-brand that didn't last.

I have a nifty smaller Peterson, a quarter bent smooth Dublin, that is stamped Peterson Dublin Edition D4 which seems to be a limited production not widely offered. It came unfinished but now has colored to appear stained, without my adding any wax, polish, or anything. This has happened with other unfinished pipes, Savinelli pipes for example.
Interesting. This one does appear to be finished…perhaps it was second…maybe before the Hardcastle and Parker days?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton

Kapp​

Ireland

kapp1y.jpg

kapp1b.jpg

Brands with 2 dots logo
Enlarge

kapp1a.jpg

▲ (Left side) Kapp
(Right side) Genuine, Imported Briar, Ireland (faint)

▲ Maybe an early pipe from Kapp & Peterson's workshops

Reactions: makhorkasmoker