PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's PipesMagazine Radio Show is with Ethan Talley. This is the second in our series of interviews with “Journeymen Pipe Smokers” – guys that have been smoking pipes between five and 10 years. Ethan has been a Level 4 Kayak Instructor, an instructor in Canoe, Kayak, and Raft Rescue, and has a Masters in Professional Counseling. He got his first taste of pipes and tobaccos in 2013 at Boda Pipes and Cigar Lounge in Greenville, SC. At the top of the show, Brian will answer a listener’s questions on some behind the scenes tobacco manufacturing practices.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Ethan-Talley.jpg

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hey Brian,

Another great show. Ethan was incredibly thoughtful in all of his answers and provided an interesting look into his personal life. You didn't answer his question regarding the best bulk VaPer, but you did your best to provide what works for you. I enjoyed the musical selection. Thanks for another great show.

Jason

Reactions: UncleRasta

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I had a bottle of TF Tobacco Vanille, it smells like a hobby store, think Michael’s. Most Tom Ford fragrances are not worth their price in my opinion, there are far better niche perfumers out there at a much better price point. I could go on about Tom Ford but I won’t. : )

I always like trying to match my fragrance with my pipe aroma to see how the two can work together to create my own unique scent. If you are looking for a good high end bottle of fragrance I would suggest looking at something from Creed like, Green Irish Tweed, Silver Mountain Water or Royal Mayfair (hint, never pay full retail price for these, only the very wealthy do that). You can get these, legally and 100% real without paying full retail price on the gray market.

As you probably guessed, I went down this rabbit hole with fragrances and believe it or not, there are a lot of parallels to pipe smoking, they have their own forums, they even hoard small batches and some folks have way too many bottles in their cellars. It’s pretty interesting, they even have podcasts and it’s huge on YouTube. You’d be surprised at how many colognes/fragrances list pipe tobacco as a “note”.

As always, this was another great show, Brian, I’m always grateful to have your show magically and reliably show up on my phone every Tuesday. Take care, friend.

Dave