PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Ya know?
Not to blow my own horn, but....

After experimenting with anti-fungal agents to treat whole leaf tobacco, and to treat a large batch of Acadian Bright that I bought from Mark Ryan that had started to mold, it occurred to me that most of what pipe smokers call "Plume" or "Sugar Crystals" is actually recrystallized Calcium Propionate or a similar anti-fungal. I mentioned it a few times here, but it never resonated with the general populace.

IMG_7018.jpeg

Last edited:

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Woodsroad, I can't believe you have such dangerous chemicals sitting in spray bottles around your home! What if your cat knocks the bottle over, and it gets on the electronics there in your shop ,and bursts into flames because of the rag in your shop, which must be covered in a flammable substance. Which will lead to those tobacco jars being superheated and exploding and shooting glass everywhere. How can you sleep at night!

• Haha
Reactions: woodsroad

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Woodsroad, I can't believe you have such dangerous chemicals sitting in spray bottles around your home! What if your cat knocks the bottle over, and it gets on the electronics there in your shop ,and bursts into flames because of the rag in your shop, which must be covered in a flammable substance. Which will lead to those tobacco jars being superheated and exploding and shooting glass everywhere. How can you sleep at night!
Well, at least the cat won't get moldy.

Reactions: Bbailey324