PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SignalEater

Lurker
Jan 15, 2024
Just opened a tin of GLP Bankside and noticed, what looks to be, mold on a few spots… What do you all think?
IMG_0208.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

SignalEater

Lurker
Jan 15, 2024
Here’s a closer look at the “affected” pieces. The rest of the tin seems to be mostly okay.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 115

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Here’s a closer look at the “affected” pieces. The rest of the tin seems to be mostly okay.
That does not look good to me. As for the rest of what the tin looks like, mold is in every part of it. It's not like cheese. There's no "good bits" and "bad bits" except to magical thinkers. Tobacco mold is highly toxic. Personally, I'd toss it without a backward glance, but that's your decision to make.

dobbs

Lurker
Aug 3, 2022
SF Bay Area, California
That does not look good to me. As for the rest of what the tin looks like, mold is in every part of it. It's not like cheese. There's no "good bits" and "bad bits" except to magical thinkers. Tobacco mold is highly toxic. Personally, I'd toss it without a backward glance, but that's your decision to make.
Please provide the studies separating your opinion from other forms of magical thinking, I'm here to learn.

-dobbs

• Haha
Reactions: craig61a

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Please provide the studies separating your opinion from other forms of magical thinking, I'm here to learn.

-dobbs
It’s not merely my opinion, it was information supplied to me by a researcher in phytotoxicology which I then read up on.
Now run along and play in the road with the rest of the magical thinkers.