Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
We had our third meeting of the Durham Region Pipe Club last night and unveiled the new name of the club, the Lakeshore Smokestacks. The name was an amalgamation of ideas from different club members and signifies a little about our community as well. Oshawa is a blue collar town (has the largest GM plant in North America there) and we are situated right on the shores of Lake Ontario. So the logo design came about from all those factors. So here is the new logo and if anyone is interested our facebook page is www.facebook.com/LakeshoreSmokestacks
And if you want to reach out to the club you can get us at lakeshoresmokestacks@gmail.com

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Oh, you guys have got to put a hockey team together. Wicked logo!
Congrats again!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
My poor old creaky knees can't handle it. I played 4 games this past winter and had to call it a career at 39. I need two knee replacements so it's just time. I'd be willing to coach though, just need to find my fedora!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Of course at the meeting last night I was too busy chatting and puffing and once again forgot to take pictures. One of these days I'll remember. There were 14 of us this month, each month we seem to add one or two new members. Luckily our local B&M is super supportive of the club and they are going to hand out business cards to anyone interested so they can reach out to us. It helps that we're pushing the group to buy something every time they come out to the meeting so it bumps up sales a bit on club nights. That and we always have a draw for a gift certificate from the shop which is another sale for them.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Great logo. I'd wear that on a sweater. I'll take a shift but you better have an ambulance standing by after I have a heart attack.
BR! In addition to the fedora you can get a sponsor's SMOKING JACKET! Don Cherry has his suits, you could have your smoking jackets and slippers.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
LOL Jah, as long as I get to wear pajamas too, this dress clothes to work thing is the pitts! Don't worry, I know CPR and I think if we were to get a team going I'd invest in a portable defibrillator!
And thanks on the logo, I think the designer did a fantastic job of incorporating what Pat and I were looking for, she even accommodated Pat's wish for a Poker style pipe even though she had no idea what that was (there were several lewd comments passed back and forth!) :rofl:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
she even accommodated Pat's wish for a Poker style pipe even though she had no idea what that was (there were several lewd comments passed back and forth!)
:oops:
Oh dear. I don't even know her.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
No worries Pat, Ursula is one of the funniest people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. She had more fun with that than most guys would! She's also one hell of a designer.

shutterbug

Can't Leave
Apr 12, 2013
That's a great logo, but I think the name is even better. You seem to have pegged down Southern Ontario to a "T" with the name. Still have to get out to have a bowl with you guys one day, but driving from the edge of Etobicoke during rush hour traffic to your end is hell on wheels if you know what I mean.

Congrats on the new logo and name!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Shutterbug, I do know what you mean, the April meeting I had to get there from Hamilton and I barely made it on time. I took the 407 which is costly but makes the drive way more enjoyable. The club meets from 7-10 pm so even if you left at 7pm it wouldn't be too bad and you'd likely make it out for around 8pm when most guys are just getting there. Maybe next meeting which will be June 27th.
Roth thanks, I'm really happy with the logo and the club seems to be growing. The B&M that sponsors us figures we'll have 30 members by the fall/early winter. It just seems to be taking off!

Status
Not open for further replies.