PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Smoking bans certainly do cause job losses. Since the general smoking ban in any workplace came into force in the UK, pubs, clubs and bars are seeing a reduction in customers. Let's hope that the Law makers start to see some sense!

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I look at Tobacco like I look at gas well drilling yeah some people will die yeah some people will get sick but it is your choice to use these products don't like them don't use them or work with them but don't get rid of the thousands of jobs and tax dollars they create.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
This is a never ending bunch of crap. Which ever way the winds blowing for the Govt concerning tobacco, Six months from now they will be crying about loss of revenue because the tobacco consumers are not out spending money, Not to mention as stated above about the job losses.

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
I have had the misfortune to be at the capitol building in Indianapolis for the last three weeks. The feeling here is that the state wide smoking ban will pass. Furthermore, Indianapolis is also seeking to pass a smoking ban in the city. So if the state wide ban fails or bars are exempt they can fall back onto the city ban. All being driven by the fact the super bowl will be held here in two weeks. The state wide smoking ban for the last 6 years has never came close to passing.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
b473911e.jpg

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
I have had the misfortune to be at the capitol building in Indianapolis for the last three weeks. The feeling here is that the state wide smoking ban will pass. Furthermore, Indianapolis is also seeking to pass a smoking ban in the city. So if the state wide ban fails or bars are exempt they can fall back onto the city ban. All being driven by the fact the super bowl will be held here in two weeks. The state wide smoking ban for the last 6 years has never came close to passing.

tab812

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2011
Floyds Knobs, IN
UPDATE: There are a small number of representatives that have started pushing for a bar exemption.

The nuts and bolts of this debate will be today and Monday, and will take place in the senate.

According to the local media five hundred Indiana voters were polled last week, 70% said would support a smoking ban.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
It didn't do any good when Ohio passed that law. And the fines for businesses is very unreasonable.

Good luck with fighting the good fight.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I live in PA and they started this nonsmoking horseshit a few years ago and it's killing the clubs and bar bussiness here,who the hell wants to go outside when it 22 degrees out to smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.