PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello fellow pipe enthusiasts. I'm fairly new to pipe smoking, only a couple of months. I have been lurking on your forum and scouring Youtube for piping videos. It was a great surprise to learn that I work just down the street from Iwan Reis tobacconist. Since this revelation, I've bought a few modest pipes and am embarking on the journey of discovering blends and preferences. Having been raised in Kentucky and working on a tobacco farm, I prefer Burley (aka Codger blends, I think they are called) blends. Yet I have tried Peterson's Night Cap for an full flavored English blend, which works best with a Bourbon neat IMO. Today, during lunch I went to the shop and picked up some Capstan Blue (yes, because of Tolkien) for my first Virginia Flake. I also picked up some of Iwan Ries' International Blend for a more mild English blend. I'm all about learning, so any advice would be well received. Cheers, all!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: ELW Green

coys

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2022
Missouri
Greetings! Lucky to be so close to Iwan Ries!

I think you will find this place to be a fun and welcoming and very kind community.

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Welcome aboard, from next door in Indiana.

Having a tobacconist down the street from the office is awesome. Thirty-some years ago I worked in Boston, just across The Common from LJ Peretti and down Beacon Street from David P. Ehrlich's . . . And I did spend my lunch money on cigars!

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
Hello from Old Irving Park. They may have mentioned it at Ries - Chicago boasts a large and active pipe club. Monthly meeting are full of camaraderie.

Next one is Saturday, April 6th at Arlington Pipe and Cigar. Business of the meeting starts at 7pm, but folks come hours early to smoke and chat. It's a very nice room with a well stocked pipe and tobacco selection.