PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Way back before I had even tried Latakia (i.e., before I knew I didn’t like it), I asked the guy at the counter of a local Wild Bill’s if they had any English blends. Without skipping a beat or saying a word, he pointed at a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh. Though I knew very little about pipe tobacco back then, I knew a lot more than that guy.

😂😂😂😂😂

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Reminds me of a restaurant that made their dressings on site. They'd add a pinch of pepper and some lemon juice to a commercially available dressing. Technically they're not lying but spiritually they're full of it. If your shop puts a few flakes of something else in each jar and stirs it up, they did "in fact" blend it.
With Brick and Mortar often their knowledge of pipes is sad in fact it's so sad that it's a relieve when they admit they don't know pipes instead of pretending to and feeding you a line of horse pucky.
This is a nice little cigar and pipe shop located about 26 miles from me. It has a good size walk in humidor for cigars and four of five old barbershop chairs people can sit in for smoking. The do carry a modest collection of new pipes for sale and will also have some nice estate pipes. I bought my Tim West from them last year. That being said...

I have also been told by the owner of said shop, "Nobody buy tins of tobacco anymore."