PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I have a Spigot 314, 312, and 307 and I keep them side by side on my desk. After a smoke I remove the stem and lather it with my butcher's block conditioner, I then set the stem beside my pipe chamber in a pipe stand and let it rest until I smoke it again. The last two days I've had all three sitting like this because I've been smoking my Deluxe systems. I grabbed all three stems to buff off the butcher's block conditioner so I could put the Spigots back together as they had been sitting without a stem for the last two days, but I was tired and not paying close attention. I realized that I mixed up the stems and now I have no Idea which goes on each pipe... They all look very similar.
I have not yet tried to put the stems back on my pipes, because I wanted to ask for help first.
Do any of you know how I can figure out which stem goes on which pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
Here is a photo.

I am guessing that the stem on the left is for the 307 as it looks to be the biggest.

The middle stem might be the 312 because it has a greater bend & my deluxe 312 has an extreme bend in the stem.

That leads me to believe the stem on the right is for the 314, but I honestly have no Idea! I am just guessing at the moment.

Thanks for your help guys!

Attachments

• 20240508_195618.jpg
    20240508_195618.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 15

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
Of course not! You'll have fit 'em and eye all. Only thing I can think of. By the way, what purpose does the conditioner serve?
It's a combination of mineral oil, carnuba wax and bees wax. I lather it on my stem after every smoke and it rests for a day or two before I buff it off with a micro fiber cloth. It seems to slowly layer after each application so my vulcanite stems now have an incredible shine with lots of protection from oxidizing. I have done this with my pipe bodies as well about a dozen times or so. They have an Incredible shine and a nice layer of protective wax which is nice when it's pouring rain and I'm smoking my pipe whilst walking my dog. I really should buy an umbrella lol...

Aug 1, 2012
Here is a photo.

I am guessing that the stem on the left is for the 307 as it looks to be the biggest.

The middle stem might be the 312 because it has a greater bend & my deluxe 312 has an extreme bend in the stem.

That leads me to believe the stem on the right is for the 314, but I honestly have no Idea! I am just guessing at the moment.

Given the other pics, I'd say 2, 3, 1.

Reactions: Sacred_summit

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Here is a photo.

L-R 307, 314, 312

Sacred_summit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
LOL. Uncle Buck was one of my favorite movies growing up as a kid.
I want to thank everybody for their help. To the poster above, sadly I moved my stems after I took that photo. I wasn't able to figure out which stem was which from the photo I took, so I couldn't use your post stating which stem was for which pipe. I finally managed to figure it out though. I put an enlarged photo of my pipe up on my computer screen, and I took one of my pipes and inserted the three stems while I held my pipe close to the screen so it overlapped the photo, eventually, I found the pipe/stem combination that was identical to the photo.
I'll never make that mistake again!

• Haha
Reactions: Hillcrest