PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Thanks @STP , @Sgetz and @kurtbob . kurtbob, I was just in Savannah two weeks ago. The wife and I very much enjoy the Georgia coast and hope to move down there eventually.
Rock on! Yeah, I live near what I guess what would be called the “redneck riviera” Brunswick, St Simons and Jekyll island. I like historic old downtown Savannah……just not the traffic!

Reactions: JEdwards

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I spent a week in Carrollton, Ga., training with the then Veterans Administration as a campus benefits counselor after the Vietnam War and grad school, an interim job between grad school and something more in line with my degrees. Years later, I went to Atlanta on business and watched a pick-up football (soccer) game at a public park that was pretty impressive for some of the players' skills. Since it was pick-up, I don't know how they told what team anyone was on, but they all seemed to know. I liked that the art museum there is called the High Museum, but it was closed in my off hours so I missed it.

Reactions: JEdwards

JEdwards

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Earth
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I spent a week in Carrollton, Ga., training with the then Veterans Administration as a campus benefits counselor after the Vietnam War and grad school, an interim job between grad school and something more in line with my degrees. Years later, I went to Atlanta on business and watched a pick-up football (soccer) game at a public park that was pretty impressive for some of the players' skills. Since it was pick-up, I don't know how they told what team anyone was on, but they all seemed to know. I liked that the art museum there is called the High Museum, but it was closed in my off hours so I missed it.
There is definitely a strong soccer culture here. I'm not surprised the pick up game was decent. The only better I've seen was when I was in Barcelona on business, but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Reactions: Andre_T