PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
With the current sale at SP, I thought it might be a good time to invest in a horn stemmed pipe.

But even at the sale prices, they seem to be more than even a few months ago.

Has word gotten out that they are solid pipes? Or am I just being cheap as usual?
They seem to have gone up a little from when I was looking at them about a year ago. I want to say that the Etudiant Sandblast pipes were around $42 regular price then, and now they're $55. Perhaps they are catching on and becoming more popular. I've certainly been seeing more mentions of Ropp on the forum in the past couple of months.

What hasn't gone up in price, though?

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I went to buy a new Cob last night. i am still looking - $20, 25 what in the world, $10 more than I recall but it has been some time since I looked at a new cob. I just figured it was inflation, never occured it could be popularity..

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
I’ve noticed that SmokingPipes, when not doing sales, has items discounted. When they have sales, the sale price is on the MSRP of the item. So the sale price isn’t discounted off the normal discounted price

Reactions: Lumbridge

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
With the current sale at SP, I thought it might be a good time to invest in a horn stemmed pipe.

But even at the sale prices, they seem to be more than even a few months ago.

Has word gotten out that they are solid pipes? Or am I just being cheap as usual?
My absolute favorite pipes are my Ropps. I may not ever buy another brand. Worth every penny.

They may have gone up after I bought 4 in a month lol oops.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
My absolute favorite pipes are my Ropps. I may not ever buy another brand. Worth every penny.

They may have gone up after I bought 4 in a month lol oops.
So it's you driving the pipeflation, dammit!
I agree though, they're great pipes, and I like that most of their range are smaller in size. I just refill if I want to smoke more. French pipes are very underrated.

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I went to buy a new Cob last night. i am still looking - $20, 25 what in the world, $10 more than I recall but it has been some time since I looked at a new cob. I just figured it was inflation, never occured it could be popularity..
Standard cobs like a Legend should still be under $10, and of course a bit more for the nicer ones with plugs. That's what U.S. retailers typically have them priced at, anyway.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I bought 2 ropp etudiant j07 sandblasted billiards for $45.60 apiece in April of 2022 and they weren’t on sale. I think they’re around the same price. Maybe $5 more per pipe but still very reasonable.

Reactions: AroEnglish

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I had one in my cart this morning, went to check it out now, and all the horn stemmed ones are gone. You guys are animals. I love you, but you're animalsI
I recall seeing only a couple with horn stems, but they looked nice and great price. I did not order any though.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Everything else has gone up. We aren’t immune to inflation in France. Id be surprised if the prices didn’t increase.