PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
All new members from Oz are required to post a pic of crocs in their back yard, a kangaroo standing by their front door, or a fit, smiling girl holding a bottle of XXXX Gold.

Any of the three will do.

It's one of Kevin's new rules.
Fair enough.

z-aussie bikini girls with flag.jpg

During summer roos often come at night to graze on my front lawn but the buggers wont pose for the camera.
They had it tough during the drought of the last El-Nino cycle.
Here's a doe and her joeys having a rest early morning at my local park after a night of grazing.
They were disturbed by my German Shepherd who was very keen to introduce himself and sniff their bums.

z-kangaroos at bligh park.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hi fellow pipe smokers,
I began smoking pipes some 10 years ago, but only for a short period as I was a student & couldn't afford smoking both cigarettes and pipes! More recently, I have pulled out and dusted off the pipes I have retained and have purchased some Peterson My Mixture 965, which I have placed in a new and quite beautiful tobacco jar I purchased off Ebay. I am actually yet to light up as I am laying the groundwork first for my new foray into the glorious world of pipe smoking. I will attach an image or two to give you an idea of my current setup. I look forward to meeting and learning from the more experienced members!
Welcome from the Hawkesbury.

Over twelve years ago I switched from a 30-40 a day cigarette addiction [that was only getting worse] to a pipe.
My only regret is not switching sooner.
Apart from all the other benefits [like the great taste and variety of genres to choose] I no longer crave for a smoke.
As a result I'm smoking way less [but enjoying smoking way more]

Don't be afraid to ask questions.
When I first came to pipe forums I barely held half a clue [Now I'm a freakn expert of course puffy ]
Good bunch of people here who are happy to share from their experience.

Reactions: OzPiper

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
Hi there, I'm not sure whether we can grow our own tobacco. I've not heard of anyone doing it here in Oz and, knowing our government attitudes toward all things tobacco-related I assume it would be illegal down here? Thanks for your post!
First off, welcome from central Nebraska!

Now, it may be outside of the law to grow tobacco for your consumption, but what if.... it was grown as an ornamental plant and then you just removed the leaves when they became ripe, simply for the health of the plant. What happens to those leaves after that is....

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
welcome to you and all the newcomers. It’s truly unbelievable what some countries are taxing on tobacco nowadays. GL to you

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
First off, welcome from central Nebraska!

Now, it may be outside of the law to grow tobacco for your consumption, but what if.... it was grown as an ornamental plant and then you just removed the leaves when they became ripe, simply for the health of the plant. What happens to those leaves after that is....

Just some weird weed that sprouted up...

• Haha
Reactions: Buffalo and OzPiper