PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Get Yuorself stainless steel Cuccumella NapolitaineView attachment 247397
Beautiful!

But more/different from a French Press:

The Neapolitan coffee maker, also known as Cuccumella, is a typically Italian coffee extraction method, although it was actually invented by a Frenchman almost two centuries ago.

This coffee maker, is nothing less than the famous Neapolitan moka, and for those unfamiliar with it, is made up of 4 parts:

• the tank with the handle and a small hole,
  • the container for ground coffee,
  • the metal filter
  • the jug with which the coffee is poured, with a handle that fits into the tank

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Agreed. It took me a bit of time to learn the pouring technique but otherwise it was love at first pour lol

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
I would go for a pour over instead of the press. I've got both and far prefer the pour over.
Pourover is what I make and I wouldn't ever even consider changing back to drip or press or pods or any other method. Pourover is simply the simplest and best. Stovetop gooseneck kettle and pourover is bullet proof, quick and yields the best coffee in the end.

Reactions: UB 40 and seanv

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Kopi Tubruk, or Koffie Toebroek is a popular Indonesian way of brewing coffee and I like it a lot.
Two teaspoons of good strong grounded coffee ( if you like; sugar, milk ) in a large cup, pour on boiling water, stirr and wait till the ground hits the bottom of the cup. Drink it hot and strong.
Do not dispose of the grounds. In the fridge to neutralize smells. Good fertilizer for your house plants.
Deodorizes the chambers of your pipes. Cheers :)
that's just how you make coffee when camping:)