PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Woodbandit

Lurker
Feb 24, 2024
Hastings, UK
Hello, would anyone on here have experience of smoking a Former classic apple? I have been hankering after one and would be grateful for smokers’ comments. Thank you.

Reactions: dunnyboy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello, would anyone on here have experience of smoking a Former classic apple? I have been hankering after one and would be grateful for smokers’ comments. Thank you.
Fun fact most pipes you can buy are pretty good these days. But even the best companies sometimes make a clunker for whatever reason. But Former seems to be one of those weird brands that you don't hear about a ton, but when you do it is almost all great and good. Also I feel the best guide to picking a pipe is ones gut. If it really gives you a strong hankering it's safe to assume it's for a reason.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
The Former classic (aka signature) rusticated apple is a tiny pipe and the lightest pipe I've ever smoked—so light you could leave it clenched in your jaws all day, as Hans Former Nielsen himself does, and not even be aware it's there. The chamber comfortably holds 1 and a tiny bit more coin of tobacco and, because it lends itself to unconscious smoking, pushes you into the perfect breath-smoking cadence for a long, tasty, mild smoke. In short, it's a dream. Not the only pipe that can do this I'm sure, but the only one I have. Good luck trying to find one!

Woodbandit

Lurker
Feb 24, 2024
Hastings, UK
The Former classic (aka signature) rusticated apple is a tiny pipe and the lightest pipe I've ever smoked—so light you could leave it clenched in your jaws all day, as Hans Former Nielsen himself does, and not even be aware it's there. The chamber comfortably holds 1 and a tiny bit more coin of tobacco and, because it lends itself to unconscious smoking, pushes you into the perfect breath-smoking cadence for a long, tasty, mild smoke. In short, it's a dream. Not the only pipe that can do this I'm sure, but the only one I have. Good luck trying to find one!
Thanks, my hankering is getting stronger. 👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: dunnyboy