PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I am looking for another pipe rack with at least 6 spaces. i have looked on ebay and in my opinion most of what they have listed is way over priced. I am looking for any suggestions on were to look. Thanks for any help given.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Etsy has a lot of racks. I like the vintage "Fairfax" racks in the six-pipe size. They are around $25 shipped.

I cut the O-shape holes into U-shapes, to better hold modern, bent pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think PC has a sale on pipe racks going right now, May 2018. A spare parking place away from your usual racks and cabinets, at the other end of the house, or whatever, is usually a good idea for safe stowing of pipes away from their usual home.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Fair priced. Now there is a mud puddle. Pipe racks, decent ones anyway, tend to be pricey. Like all things, the consumer wants good and cheap. In almost all cases those are mutually exclusive. I have seen a few mass produced ones from overseas that are so so, but as has been said, your options are very limited. Along with custom furniture and doors, I make pipe racks, and have made several for fellow members. They are labor intensive, and if using quality material, they will never be cheap cost wise, but the price will be "fair" for the labor and cost to make. (Actually for many fellow pipers, I wind up working at or below min wage to keep cost low.) It's hit and miss but many times you may stumble on one at an antique store, goodwill, garage sales, flea market, and estate sales. Another option I have seen work well is purchase a low cost cabinet or rack, not pipe related, and modify it. Good luck and share your success.

smittyd

Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the help gents. But i have decided that i am entirely to picky so i am going to just make my own so i can get exactly what i want.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I glommed a couple of good ones on fleabay the other day - a used 12-spot like another I have, & another that's actually two, since it's a pair of 6-hole bookends. Should keep me a few more weeks.... :twisted:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you have the workshop and tools, or enough handcraft skills to do it with minimal tools, that's a good way to go. You get exactly what you want and bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.