PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Do you know about CFA? - Cigar Fondling Addiction

While it doesn’t have the physical negative addiction that nicotine has on the body, CFA is psychological and quite real.

Here’s how you know if you suffer from CFA.

1. You find a desire, sometimes stronger at different times, but still noticeable, a desire to pick up your cigar and fondle it.

2. You like to feel and fondle the smooth wrapper, and admire it.

3. Along with this physical pleasure of fondling you admire it’s beauty and smell.

4. You admire the Cigar Band.

5. You like to go online just to look at cigars and admire their beauty, and especially to look at those fancy cigar bands.

If you can answer yes to any of the above, you have CFA!

But don’t worry, with a great community like PipesMagazine, we can share our desire of CFA, to hopefully help alleviate the tension, and like any addictions, physical or psychological, exercise and leading a healthy lifestyle can help. :)

Just remember, you’re not alone! ;)

IMG_1893.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Pappy Coon

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m just backing into cigars after around 15 years away. Bought quite a few, and two tupperidors, and the stogies have sitting in them for a few months.

So the other day, I was like getting an extreme itch to look and touch them… LOL 😝

I guess I’m antsy to have one, but I’m holding out, letting them rest a bit more with the Boveda packs. :)

But seriously it really felt like a psychological addiction/itch I was feeling, wanting to look and touch.

You have to admit a lot of cigars outer wrapper, nice hues and oily skins, and those fancy bands, can be a thing of beauty. :)

image1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pappy Coon

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I’m just backing into cigars after around 15 years away. Bought quite a few, and two tupperidors, and the stogies have sitting in them for a few months.

So the other day, I was like getting an extreme itch to look and touch them… LOL 😝

I guess I’m antsy to have one, but I’m holding out, letting them rest a bit more with the Boveda packs. :)

But seriously it really felt like a psychological addiction/itch I was feeling, wanting to look and touch.

You have to admit a lot of cigars outer wrapper, nice hues and oily skins, and those fancy bands, can be a thing of beauty. :)

Why not just smoke one? :col:

Reactions: fireground_piper

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Why not just smoke one? :col:

The roof of my mouth at the beginning of the year was getting irritated, mainly I believe from VAs, so I’ve been giving my mouth a rest this year, laid off smoking for three months.

I started back up a few weeks ago, and barely a quarter through the bowl, the roof of my mouth aching again.

So I’ve been trying out some different blends, and going slow, and hoping I can get back into pipes, but it’s been rough still.

So this is why I haven’t smoked any stogies yet.

If this continue, I’ll either have to try out filtered pipes, or smoke stogies instead.

Or I seriously have to smoke slower and smaller sips, and then maybe my palate will hopefully acclimate.

Last edited:

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
The roof of my mouth at the beginning of the year was getting irritated, mainly I believe from VAs, so I’ve been giving my mouth a rest this year, laid off smoking for three months.

I started back up a few weeks ago, and barely a quarter through the bowl, the roof of my mouth aching again.

So I’ve been trying out some different blends, and going slow, and hoping I can get back into pipes, but it’s been rough still.

So this is why I haven’t smoked any stogies yet.

If this continue, I’ll either have to try out filtered pipes, or smoke stogies instead.

Or I seriously have to smoke slower and smaller sips, and then maybe my palate will hopefully acclimate.

That's awful - best of luck on the upswing. For what it's worth, I find cigar tobacco to be much less acidic than most pipe or cigarette tobacco. I always assumed it had something to do with how they ferment the cigar leaves. My mouth can get sensitive, too, but much more so from pipe tobacco than cigar.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
That's awful - best of luck on the upswing. For what it's worth, I find cigar tobacco to be much less acidic than most pipe or cigarette tobacco. I always assumed it had something to do with how they ferment the cigar leaves. My mouth can get sensitive, too, but much more so from pipe tobacco than cigar.

It’s still bugging me a bit, have only been able to smoke a quarter of a bowl.

I think it helps with cigars, the smoke is going through the filler before it hits your mouth, so it’s like some filtering going on. Whereas if you smoke an unfiltered pipe, straight to the mouth. 🤔

Cigars too I’m assuming different leaf with different PH, not as harsh.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
It’s still bugging me a bit, have only been able to smoke a quarter of a bowl.

I think it helps with cigars, the smoke is going through the filler before it hits your mouth, so it’s like some filtering going on. Whereas if you smoke an unfiltered pipe, straight to the mouth. 🤔

Cigars too I’m assuming different leaf with different PH, not as harsh.

Exactly! The fermentation breaks down the acidic compounds and leaves the leaf slightly alkaline, or so I understand.

Reactions: PipeIT