PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
So often on forums I see threads about desert island blends, but never one about pipes. Anyone have any absolute favs that they just couldn't possibly be without, or does the idea of only being able to smoke one pipe style ever again make even the strongest of hearts quail and tastebuds blanch?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Well, variety is the spice of life, but you did make me just go take inventory of my small collection and try to pick some favorites. At first it was like trying to pick a favorite child.
It is interesting looking at my pipes. Some of them I really love, and others, I wonder what drew me to them in the first place.
I don't dislike any of them, but there are some that don't inspire me to pick them up and smoke them, and there are others that are like a warm blanket, so I guess they would be my deserted island pipes.
I narrowed it down to my three favorite pipes, and excluded my three new ones.
1. Dunhill Rubybark (4110) (2007)

dunhill-rubybark-4110-20.jpg

2. Savinelli Venezia (606 KS)
I love how this pipe feels in my hand and my mouth, and it always smokes great.
savinelli-venezia-606-ks.jpg

3. Sasieni 4 Dot Natural Made in France
This one also feels great in the hand and mouth and smokes good all the time. It is the 3rd pipe I ever bought back in 1998.
sasieni-4-dot-600x226.jpg

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
I know what you mean comparing this to picking a favorite child. I was looking over my inventory over the holiday and wondering myself. I have a few that I bought waaaay back when that I've not used in ages. Why did I get this one again? And then there are the old stand-bys, always give a great smoke. Try as I might, I couldn't find a commonality in any of my favs, other than being great smokers. Those are gorgeous pipes, by the way!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Like everyone else, I had a hard time trying to pick between my pipes. They all offer something a little different to the mix. Even if it is just aesthetics. But in the spirit of this thread, I did pick a few.

Here they are (my camera battery is dead, so photos will have to be posted later):
1) Ardor Urano Fantasy

2) Hardcastle Walnut Bent Bulldog

3) Savinelli Tortuga 127

4) Cassano Calabach
I went with 4 instead of 3 because, well just because LOL.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Here are the photos of my pipes:
Ardor Urano Fantasy

ArdorUranoFantasy.jpg

Hardcastle Walnut Bent Bulldog

HardcastleWalnut.jpg

Savinelli Tortuga 127

SavinelliTortuga127.jpg

Luciano #89

Luciano.jpg

The Cassano Calabach got removed from the list and replaced by my new Luciano pipe. Here is a photo anyway:
CassanoCalabach.jpg

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
So pretty. Always love to see other folk's pipes. Out of curiosity, what style is the Savinelli? Billiard? Have a meer like that right down to the stem style and I've never been able to match it up with any particular picture.

peter

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2009
Thanks! Same reasons I love mine. Also, the smoke doesn't get in my eyes and I can see what's going on in there over my chin whiskers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.