PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
I am going to Denmark in may.
I would like to ask what are the best shops for pipe tobacco?
We all know TDPS but what else are there?

Reactions: orlandofurioso

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
Hi Homer.

If you can tell a little about, where in Denmark you will be, I can try to find something for you.
I have to warn you, that there aren't many places in Denmark anymore.
I myself always use The Danish Pipe Shop because I live relatively close to the shop.

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
We drive from Copenhagen to Billund and spend 2 days in Legoland. After that we come back to Copenhagen for 2days.
I will visit TDPS. I am especially looking for tobacco that is made in Denmark (MacBaren, MyOwnBlend)

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
I've been looking around, but with very little success. Years ago there was a tobacco shop in Odense (in the middle of Fyn) but I can't find any information about it - I think it's closed now.
I would go for The Danish Pipe Shop and use your time - and money there 😉
Mac Baren is Danish, but you cannot buy everything here in Denmark - it all goes for export.
My own Blend is not a problem, The Danish Pipe Shop have the whole selection (including my favorite No. 111 - a wonderful flake).
Beware for the price - as you also know in Finland tobacco in Denmark is very expensive 🤔

Last edited:

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
Extra info:
The Danish Pipe Shop now import tobacco from Cornell & Diehl and G. L. Pease if you are interested.
This tobaccos are send from USA in bulk to Germany, where they is repacked in 57 gr. tins and then imported by The Danish Pipe Shop.

Homer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2020
Finland
I've been looking around, but with very little success. Years ago there was a tobacco shop in Odense (in the middle of Fyn) but I can't find any information about it - I think it's closed now.
I would go for The Danish Pipe Shop and use your time - and money there 😉
Mac Baren is Danish, but you cannot buy everything here in Denmark - it all goes for export.
My own Blend is not a problem, The Danish Pipe Shop have the whole selection (including my favorite No. 111 - a wonderful flake).
Beware for the price - as you also know in Finland tobacco in Denmark is very expensive 🤔
In Finland the price of pipe tobacco is even worse than Denmark.
50g tin of Peterson costs aprox 35€
What other MyOwnBlends would you recommend?

• Wow
Reactions: DKpiper

DKpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2023
Denmark
Hi Homer.

I don't know Bisgaard Pipes, but it sounds like a good idea to visit. I certainly will, when it´s possible.
In 2018 Bisgaard Pipes was sold and are now a part of this shop:

Havnens Vin og Tobakshus
Havnegade 37
7100 Vejle.

It´s placed only about 30 km. from Legoland and are (almost) on the way back to Copenhagen.

Of the tobaccos from My Own Blend I will highly recommend Elizabethan. It´s a virginia/perique blend.
According to The Danish Pipe Shop it is exactly the same tobacco made on the exactly same machine, that was used to make Dunhills (later Petersons) version of the blend.

Hope this was helpful.

Best regards.

Reactions: OzPiper

aly

Lurker
Oct 6, 2021
For sure, TDPS is a solid bet, super popular! And hey, while you're at it, don't forget to swing by The Danish Pipe Shop in Copenhagen. They've got some cool stuff too.