Customs problems more frequent in the UE?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
I don't think it is a good idea to go into details (DM if you want them) but I have the feeling that random searches and such are getting more frequent in the UE. At least in Spain. Is anyone else having troubles they didn't use to have?

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I’m m guessing you mean Europe an not United Emirates.

Do you mean from outside the EU sources or from within the EU?

It’s difficult to understand what you want to know.

Its not to detailed to reveal that.

You can definitely expect more searches around holidays. November-February.

Reactions: Yambo

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
I’m m guessing you mean Europe an not United Emirates.

Do you mean from outside the EU sources or from within the EU?

It’s difficult to understand what you want to know.

Its not to detailed to reveal that.

You can definitely expect more searches around holidays. November-February.
You're right, I'll edit.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
I don't think it is a good idea to go into details (DM if you want them) but I have the feeling that random searches and such are getting more frequent in the EU. At least in Spain. Is anyone else having troubles they didn't use to have?
EDIT: I'm talking about sources from outside the EU, specifically the USA. Although I'm getting worried about Swiss vendors too.

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain
France seized about 25000 worth in cigars over xmas
I think staying within the eurozone gives a lot better chances. Soft borders and such.
Yes, eurozone is way safer. But I've had two orders from an american vendor seized in two months. I haven't had any other issues with the same vendor in two years (more than twenty orders) and I don't know if it's just bad luck or customs getting smarter.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Yes, eurozone is way safer. But I've had two orders from an american vendor seized in two months. I haven't had any other issues with the same vendor in two years (more than twenty orders) and I don't know if it's just bad luck or customs getting smarter.
Customs authorities all over the EU are now more strictly enforcing control and surveillance over the shipments coming outside of the EU commercial zone.For instance our Finnish Customs on behalf with the National Mailing branch.will stop every parcel from outside of the Union in order to collect 24% VAT

Reactions: Yambo