Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Its that time of year and im going to be making a batch of cranberry relish for those that want the recipe here it is.
i got it from this cookbook Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/CAN-RELISHES-Salsa-Sauces-Chutney/dp/1492806471
"
Ingredients 1. 12 cups cranberries, washed (3 pounds) 2. 6 cups sugar 3. 2 oranges 4. 3 cups water 5. 2 cups orange juice 6. 1 cup Triple Sec Instructions 1. Fill your water bath canner half full, add jars and prepare lids with hot water to soften sealing compound. 2. Rinse berries and pick through to be sure you’ve removed any of the little stems that might have found their way into the bag. 3. Place washed berries in a stock pot. 4. Measure and pour in sugar. 5. Grate the zest from the oranges into the berries and sugar. 6. Remove the white pith from the orange and section the oranges. 7. Chop oranges and add to berries. 8. Add water and orange juice. 9. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. 10. Add Triple Sec. Return to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. 11. Simmer, stirring frequently to keep from boiling over, for 10 minutes. 12. Turn off heat. Remove jars from boiling water bath and fill jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace using canning scoop and funnel. 13. Wipe rims and add lids and rings. 14. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes Yield: About 6 pints, or 12 half pints, or 3 pints and 6 half pints… you get the idea… "

I make a batch every year and it get requests for it all the time. If you make it id be curious what you think

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Y’all are much more cultured than me - I make a very similar recipe and inevitably just eat it by the spoonful for about a week straight until it’s all gone.

Although I did try it this year with baked Brie, and that was excellent.

Reactions: Buckeyestime