PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm supposed to be thinning the herd, but I cannot resist a small, bend billiard like this example. I picked this up from an ebay seller, who turned out to be a fellow GBD enthusiast. This was the first Shape 70 that I have seen. It's similar to the Sasieni Regent in shape and size, another one of my favorite British Bent Billiards. The Pipepedia page on the Comoy's shape chart shows it as a "Large" but at 35 grams, I beg to differ. It is significantly smaller than the Shape 42. I love the Deluxe line, with the Sterling silver cap.
it was ready to smoke, I just had to re-bend the stem and give it my final tune. Big shout out to seller "Donal-Col" on Ebay!

Comoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (1).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (2).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (3).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (4).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (8).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (10).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (11).jpgComoys_70_Sandblast_FIN (12).jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I'm supposed to be thinning the herd, but I cannot resist a small, bend billiard like this example. I picked this up from an ebay seller, who turned out to be a fellow GBD enthusiast. This was the first Shape 70 that I have seen. It's similar to the Sasieni Regent in shape and size, another one of my favorite British Bent Billiards. The Pipepedia page on the Comoy's shape chart shows it as a "Large" but at 35 grams, I beg to differ. It is significantly smaller than the Shape 42. I love the Deluxe line, with the Sterling silver cap.
it was ready to smoke, I just had to re-bend the stem and give it my final tune. Big shout out to seller "Donal-Col" on Ebay!

View attachment 243992View attachment 243993View attachment 243994View attachment 243995View attachment 243996View attachment 243997View attachment 243998View attachment 243999
Yeah, this is not a pipe to pass up on. There will be time to thin the herd but not when something like this comes along.