Juice of 1 lime
1 cup broth
1 bunch cilantro, de-stemmed, more for garnish

Spice Mix:
1 tsp. seasoned salt
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tbsp. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, mix spices. Pat chicken thighs dry, seasoning each on both sides with spice mix. Season underneath skin as well. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Brown chicken deeply on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside. Lower heat and deglaze skillet with the wine. Let reduce for 3-5 minutes, and add broth. Bring liquid to a simmer, then add lime juice and garlic. Return chicken to skillet, then add the cilantro. Bring to a high simmer for five minutes. Cover skillet with aluminum foil or other covering and transfer to oven to cook for 45 minutes. Let sit five minutes before serving, garnish with cilantro, and serve over rice.

cilantro lime chicken.jpg

cilantro lime chicken closeup.jpg

Cilantro is Coriander.
Well, it is the leaves of the coriander. I am not a cilantro fan, so I always substitute parsley.
I would also add a few more cloves of garlic and a dash of chili powder. I fand that just a tad bit of chili brings out the flavor of the paprika more.
Looks delish... except knowing that it is cilantro in there, makes my mouth dry up. puffy

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Seeing all this about chicken made me think of my favorite style of chicken. Jerk Chicken. For those of you who make it or would like to try some, here's a tip. I've tested over 25 brands of Jerk marinate and without doubt my favorite is...... puffy

NREaTUtTL.jpg

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
In the USA, a study was published at the end of 2012 by a research team led by Nicholas Eriksson, who was able to draw on data from a company that specializes in private genome analyses. The researchers analyzed data from almost 30,000 Americans. The researchers discovered that one of the two genetic variants for the odor receptor called OR6A2 probably determines whether you perceive coriander as soapy or not. This receptor responds to the specific aldehydes in coriander. Incidentally, these are the same aldehydes that are also found in soap. Perhaps this is why there is such a strong reaction: our brain thinks we are eating soap and reacts with strong defenses to protect us.

Übersetzt mit DeepL (DeepL The right app or extension for every translation - https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation)

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Seeing all this about chicken made me think of my favorite style of chicken. Jerk Chicken. For those of you who make it or would like to try some, here's a tip. I've tested over 25 brands of Jerk marinate and without doubt my favorite is...... puffy

View attachment 297626
I've been trying to replicate a simple jerk chicken sandwich from a beach stand in Jamaica for years.

Grilled chicken with onions on a regular hot dog bun/roll. Simple, spicy, flavorful, tangy, citric, and with a touch of anise and balanced.

May have try this sauce too.

• Love
Reactions: Servant King

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
IMG_3905.jpegThe recipe was great. Thank you. I forgot to take a pic after it was done and now it’s all eaten but this was a pic from right before it went in the oven.

• Love

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
View attachment 297695The recipe was great. Thank you. I forgot to take a pic after it was done and now it’s all eaten but this was a pic from right before it went in the oven.
Looks excellent, glad you gave it a whirl! The rice really soaks up the sauce well too.

You can still take a photo, you know--those stomach scopes that gastroenterologists use have a dual purpose... 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: LeafErikson

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs, bone in, with skin
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
½ cup dry white wine
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup broth
1 bunch cilantro, de-stemmed, more for garnish

Spice Mix:
1 tsp. seasoned salt
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tbsp. garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, mix spices. Pat chicken thighs dry, seasoning each on both sides with spice mix. Season underneath skin as well. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Brown chicken deeply on both sides. Remove from skillet and set aside. Lower heat and deglaze skillet with the wine. Let reduce for 3-5 minutes, and add broth. Bring liquid to a simmer, then add lime juice and garlic. Return chicken to skillet, then add the cilantro. Bring to a high simmer for five minutes. Cover skillet with aluminum foil or other covering and transfer to oven to cook for 45 minutes. Let sit five minutes before serving, garnish with cilantro, and serve over rice.

View attachment 297355

View attachment 297356
Yum!!!

I was actually going to take a crack at this over the weekend, but the wife has the flu and made her some homemade chicken noodle soup today. She's the chicken fan, so didn't want to waste your dish when she's not feeling well.