PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GreatWhiteNorthPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
As a Canadian, my plan is to load up with as much tobacco as possible now and cellar it while the prices in the US are still decent. They are already astronomical in Canada. Who knows when it might be impossible to import tobacco from the U.S.? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Sethology12

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2023
Richmond, Va
As a Canadian, my plan is to load up with as much tobacco as possible now and cellar it while the prices in the US are still decent. They are already astronomical in Canada. Who knows when it might be impossible to import tobacco from the U.S.? I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.
Honestly depressing that this activity must have a level of stress to it. I don't have much that makes me happy. Tobacco, beer, whiskey, nature, books. Tobacco is under unwavering assault. Nature is being encroached upon. Whiskey is expensive and getting more expensive in some countries Ala Canada. Does the government just want us all to kill ourselves? Lol.

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Yep, doing the same. In fact this discussion just inspired me to place another order to add to the stash.

Does the government just want us all to kill ourselves?
Well now in Canada we have MAID so yes, I think they do.
For the record, tobacco and alcohol are heavily taxed. But if you're feeling suicidal they'll help you with that at no cost. How wonderful.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I've tried the Blue and enjoyed it, even back when I was preferring English blends. The golden haired sister is still on the shelf and gives me a wink from time to time - she'll get her turn.

Right now, my only open straight Virginia is F&T Blackjack, and I'm liking it.
Well I got around to trying that golden-haired sister... I had a Virginia "sampler" acquired in a forum sale that included Capstan Gold. Not bad, not bad at all; pleasant even. Although if my memory is correct and palate is relatively stable, I think I preferred the Blue. But the golden flake is still going to get consumed. It's ALL GOOD. Well, most of it anyway...

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
out of 20 packages I get dinged on 1 it is still much cheaper even if they ding me once ...