Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

birdog

Lurker
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
P&C markets these lb. bags as "end of the day leftovers", "floor sweepings",etc....
currently selling an English and an Aromatic, at remarkably low prices.
They are both good!

I let the English set for a while in a dark drawer , about a month, after first, dumping into a large tupperware, fluffing it up, dry a tad, and bag it...very complex, virginias, lat, others...like old Dunhill cans I recall...after the char light, the sugary virginias form that firm top crust, burn very white...lots of different flavors going on.

The aro, is a soft, smooth, nice base, with a pleasant caramel, vanilla topping....keeps burn easily, all day pleasantries.

any one else tried these lately? I will be ordering more ......

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Interesting. I must've mindlessly thumbed through the latest P&C catalog several dozen times over the past couple years, and each time I specifically notice this page of it. Even though I'm pretty content with my cellar right now, I'm intrigued nonetheless. Obviously they're not the same from one to the next, but for $1/oz. give or take, it's a pretty sweet deal. A number of P&C's aromatics are exceedingly goopy, and have left me craving non-aromatics; sounds like this is blessedly not the case with this offering.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
What matters is that you like it.
And if the price is right, so much the better

Going by TobaccoReviews, you wouldn’t touch Mixture 79 with a barge pole.
Remembering that i liked it when I first smoked a pipe in the 1970-80s, I bought a pouch to revisit.
You know what - I still like it.
Taste is a very personal thing. Just go on your own evaluation

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have never tried them. If they did a batch of reject plugs from their Cascadia offering I would give that a go. The idea of buying something that is advertised as 'floor sweepings' is tantamount to using the word 'Shit' in the advertising and unless applied carefully might put some buyer off. I guess that is why C.I killed off our War Horse advertising slogan 'War Horse: Tastes like shit. Buy some!'. Truth in advertising sometimes is not always the best thing you know! rotf

birdog

Lurker
Nov 26, 2019
Upstate, South Carolina
I tnink the terms some use to describe, can be a turnoff, but I can attest that the quaiity is above average, with a moisture level that's just about right, unlike many of the aromatic, PG laden, blends one can buy in pouches today in your local Walgreens , smoke (really vape) shops, etc.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Several years ago, I bought a pound of each. The English was quite enjoyable, proving the point that anyone can mix Virginia, Oriental and Latakia in any proportion and come out a winner. Go ahead, throw in some Burley and Cavendish. You can’t go wrong.

The aro on the other hand was an atrocity. Like a mix of walking past the perfume counter at a major department store and the aroma of a just sanitized adult movie theater. I donated it to a guy here who was claiming to run a “free pipe project”. He waxed poetic about the nuanced flavors and skilled blending. I think he was just being kind and considerate towards me, but he did seem to genuinely enjoy it.